Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Forgiveness

"Being sorry is the beginning of
being forgiven. Being forgiven is
the beginning of being free."

"When I find myself caought up by the
desire to acquire,
Change my heart, O God.
When I feel disappointed in people in my
family or at work,
Change my heart, O God.
When my unreal expectations send me spiraling
into dark depression,
Change my heart O God.
When I hesitate to do those acts of kindness
so pleasing to you,
Change my heart, O God.
When I cling to the need to have my own
way in every situation,
Change my heart, o God.
When I give in to the temptation to
compare myself to others, Change my heart, O God.
For it is only through your forgiveness, and
with a heart renewed by your hand, that
I can know contentment."

"No, but I'm sure
As there is a God in Heaven.
For feelings come and feelings go,
And feelings are deceiving.
my warrant is the Word of God,
Naught else is worth believing."
Martin Luther, On Whether he felt forgiven

No comments:

Post a Comment