Thursday, December 10, 2009

Unconditional love
is the choice to love others no matter how they treat you.

Let me give you a suggestion:
Go to your friend and say "I've been thinking about our friendship, and I realize that I have loved you conditionally. When you are kind to me, I tend to be kind to you. When you help me, I help you. I think that love should do better than that. I sincerely want to learn to love you no matter what. I want to make a fresh commitment to you. I am going to ask you to give me one suggestion each week on what I can do to make your life better. Whatever you suggest, I'm going to do my best to do it."

After you pick them up off the floor, get pencil and paper and write down their suggestion. To the best of your ability, do it. You are on the road to unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment