Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Ideas for Families: Birthday Party for Jesus
by Sharon Jaynes


Gifts for Jesus
Whoever heard of going to a birthday celebration and everyone receiving a present except the birthday child?

This Christmas, let's make the "guest of honor" the first person on our gift list. But what do you give the "Man who has everything?" You give Him your heart, your obedience, your love, your anger, your bitterness. Why, He even takes your burdens and accepts them as precious gifts.

This Christmas, think of something you would like to give the Christ-child. Perhaps little Johnny would like to give Jesus his bad attitude about his sister. Perhaps Dad would like to give up the grudge he's been holding against a coworker. Maybe Mom would like to give Jesus the gift of her recent disappointments.

Let each person decide what present to give the Christ-child and privately write the item on a piece of paper. Fold the pieces and place them in a small box. Finally, wrap the box and place it by the manger Christmas morning.


My gift,
What can I give Him,
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd
I would give him a lamb.
If I were a wise man
I would do my part.
But what can I give Him?
I will give Him my heart.

Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment