Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's All About Love

We want to follow the biblical ideal of seeking reconciliation. How do you go about it?

First, you must not allow your emotions to control you. I didn't say that you should not have emotions.

Hurt, anger, disappointment, and pain are often the emotions of separation. Or, you may feel relieved, free, happy they are gone. Whatever your emotions, you must not allow them to control your behavior. If you do, you may do something you will regret and for which you suffer even greater consequences.

The Christian is called upon to seek reconciliation. This means we must take constructive action. Such action may mean that I must go against my feelings.

Prayer is the best place to begin. "Lord, you know my feelings, but I want to be controlled by your spirit, not my feelings. Show me what action I should take and give me the power to do it." Such a prayer is the first step in the right direction.

by Dr. Gary Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment