Friday, December 25, 2009

The song of Mary

1:46 Mary said, "My soul magnifies the Lord.

1:47 My spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior,

1:48 For he has looked at the humble state of his handmaid. For behold, from now on, all generations will call me blessed.

1:49 For he who is mighty has done great things for me. Holy is his name.

1:50 His mercy is for generations of generations on those who fear him.

1:51 He has shown strength with his arm. He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their heart.

1:52 He has put down princes from their thrones. And has exalted the lowly.

1:53 He has filled the hungry with good things. He has sent the rich away empty.

1:54 He has given help to Israel, his servant, that he might remember mercy,

1:55 As he spoke to our fathers, To Abraham and his seed forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment