Friday, March 19, 2010

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Aslan
Welcome Peter, son of Adam. Welcome Susan and Lucy, daughters of Eve. And welcome to you, Beavers. You have my thanks. But where is the fourth?
If the witch understood the true meaning of sacrifice, she might have interpreted the Deep Magic differently, for when a willing victim who has committed no treachery, dies in a traitor’s stead, the stone table will crack and even death itself will turn backwards.

Narnia! It's all in the wardrobe just like I told you!
[edit] Peter Pevensie
[to Mr. Beaver] I think you've made a mistake. We're not heroes!

Mr. Beaver: "When Adam's Flesh and Adam's bone sits in Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done".

Aslan: "To the glistening Eastern sea, I give you Queen Lucy, the valiant. To the great Western wood I give you King Edmund The Just. To the radiant Southern sun, I give you Queen Susan, the gentle, and to the great Northern sky, I give you King Peter, the magnificent. Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen, may your wisdom grace us till the stars rain down from the heavens."

C.S.Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment